Friday, October 24, 2008

Future Article Everybody Will Love to Hate

By this winter break, I am going to finish an article about the utility of playing computer games for fun. There is some reading I have to do and discussions I have to have before I write it though. 

Here are the current themes of the article:

1. The importance of managing time well.
2. The polemic against hedonism (we call it fun).
3. The apology for fun.

4. Conclusion: We must stop playing games by ourselves solely for fun. Single-player games played solely for fun must be played with others.

I expect a lot of loving hate from bloggers. Bring it on.

4 comments:

Colin W. said...

I'll save my scathing comments for the actual article. :p

Anonymous said...

Suggestion: you guys should make avatars and put them on the tops of each of your posts. That way it's easy to tell who created the post without having to scroll to the bottom of the article and look for the tiny little name.

Colin W. said...

I'm still looking into avatars in headings, but for now I moved the posted by thing up to the top of the article.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I agree with your conclusion, but I'll wait until the actual article comes out.