Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Binding of Isaac Gets Repetitive

Eeeeh, I didn't see this coming. With the same monsters and bosses fought many times, those enemies, a great portion of the personality of their game, become uninteresting, and thus their game uninteresting. It is a case of the "familiarity breeds contempt."...Minus the "contempt" part...More like "boredom," then.

(Some humans say that people even get kinda bored of having sex with the same, admittedly super hot person, after having had them enough times. Well - maybe not "bored"; although the proverbial person would most certainly prefer someone new eventually; preferably someone experienced and in their young-twenties and STD-less.)

What were we discussing? Oh yeah. The Binding.

So, will I finish it?

Maaay-be.

A decade from now.

What I really want to write here, though, is why I decided not to become a games journalist. I've already written a two-page long essay on the subject to a friend, so to you -- dear, maybe-reading-this, reader -- I say: I decided not to be a journalist because I don't give a damn about journalisming.

I know that many other writer types opine that not giving a damn shouldn't deter one from seeking whatever it was those writers were talking about; I didn't really listen. All I know is that I don't care about providing people the news and analyses and facts and other whatever-who-cares.

And there's also the "now it's nearly impossible to obtain employment in games journalism" thing.

This post is boring.

No comments: