Monday, August 6, 2012

DayZ Conclusions

Message to my friend:

Dale! I deleted Arma II (AKA DayZ). I couldn't stand how broken it was and how there was no end game. All you do in DayZ is spawn, sneak around zombies to collect items to not die, and work with your friends to hunt other players. Maybe helicopter-restoring occurs. 

The length of time you survive and the people and zombies you kill do not get saved anywhere. DayZ's creator Dean Hall says, in a future game (which won't be the mod) he would like to add base-building. Until that game comes out, I feel like DayZ mostly wastes the player's time. And it's buggy as hell. My friend kept getting knocked through railings (which is physically impossible) and thus falling to his leg-breaking deaths. My ammo mysteriously disappeared upon joining another server once. Bugs like these are bad.

At the same time, I'm excited to see the games that this mod will create.

No comments: