Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The End of My Games Journalism "Career"

This, I hope, is the last serious post I post.

I am tired of treating games seriously. Games are not serious. Even so-called serious games are not serious. They ask you to play with them. Only the e-sports community proclaims playing computer games is serious, and they come off as silly.

Although games' inner workings sure are interesting, I don't find game rules and game theory exciting. Rather I find the experiences games create exciting.

I see myself aging. Twenty-four is not young. I, am quite done spending my creative time making unexciting things.

So this is the end of my game reviewing career, which is to say I am not going to be a games journalist; I'm pretty sure games journalists are supposed to focus on disseminating information - tell the truth, entertainingly if possible.

All I really want to do with my life is hang out with my friends and make poo poo jokes. I want to make great poo poo jokes.

No comments: