Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gamestop Specials Come With A Catch

Is it just me, or are the discounts at Gamestop done on a foundation of flawed "goods"?

I've bought two discounted games at Gamestop. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (The Game of the Year Edition) for $29.99 and Street Fighter 4 for $19.99, and in the CoD purchase, the card that was supposed to come with the GoTY edition, which lets you purchase the extra multiplayer maps, was missing. In Street Fighter 4's case, the adorable little plastic circle thingy in the middle of the DVD box that keeps the DVD from falling out was just a little broken, making it easier pull out the DVD (the DVD still stays in place when left alone), which totally pisses me off!

So I'm curious. Is anyone else having these machinations contrived on them by Gamestop?

How so?

In what other ways is Gamestop Satan?

I actually like Gamestop?

Don't hurt me?

2 comments:

Yggdrasil said...

Google will give you many descriptions of Gamestops shenanigans, especially ones dealing with used games.

Paul F. said...

Cool. Google is friend.