Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Games That Make You Vomit

I don't want to finish Katamari Damacy. I've stopped playing it. The game fills me with nausea. Luckily, I feel as if I at least understand the game, so my self-esteem isn't hurt.

This game-nausea thing has only happened to me with one other game. Psychonauts. I remember almost finishing that game, but I couldn't take it anymore. I almost regurgitated my dining hall food onto my laptop. I think those games made me feel nauseous because they were very disorienting. I'm not sure how they were disorienting exactly, but they most definitely were.

I don't think I could ever fairly judge Katamari Damacy, but I will say that a game in which you are the son of a substance-abusing god who accidentally destroys almost every star while under the influence is epic-storytelling. At least, it feels like epic-storytelling. I'm going to go throw up now.

Two more things. The music in the game is fun, kinda silly really. And you have to see the intro-movie:


No comments: