Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Super Meat Boy: The Dark World and Beyond

I have found the part of Super Meat Boy that the hardcore gamer might not like, if they are the type of hardcore gamer I am thinking of. It is the Dark World/Super Meat World/Do Not Die Achievements. Okay, that's three parts. And it is 75% of the game.

Why's it not likeable? And to whom?

First the "to whom": those super hard parts are not for the completionist who cannot take super hard games.

"Why?" Because, as you play those harder parts, and realize how much time you're spending and how little progress you're making, you will end up asking yourself, "Am I basically doing the same thing over and over again and getting basically the same result (getting from point A to Point B)?"

So, what I'm saying is, for the completionist who doesn't tolerate super hardcoreness, Super Meat Boy is one of the worst games. If you're one of these people, don't get it. (And if you aren't, do get it.)

I fear I may be one of those girly-men completionist people (not that I'm saying that you are bad, even if I end up not being one of you). I am going to complete this game to its 106% completion (or try), just to see, if I am one of you :) :) :) :)

No comments: