Thursday, February 2, 2012

Need a Whole Week to Play Another Game

I'm trying to get through three thick books on game design. Or in other words, I don't have much to say about the game's I'm not playing.

In the meantime I want to post this!


It's a Rockpapershotgun wrapped around a YouTube video that itself is an interview with Ed McMillen, the visual artist and level designer (I think) behind Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac. It's excellent.

Another subject: Something I want to write is a series of essays on video gaming in the poor indigenous mountain town in Costa Rica I lived in. But before I write it I want to be more skilled as a writer, and maybe publish it on a site like The Escapist. I don't think most people will find it interesting, but I do think the subject is interesting. The essays would constitute a portrait of people loving the few games they have in the middle of nowhere, and with good writing I think The Escapist would publish it.

End.

No comments: