Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Star-Ratings Abandoned!

That's right! I don't need nor want no stars! Why? Because I don't want to memorize the CSS that would let me do the half-stars.

"But you don't half to abandon the whole stars. You could just copy and paste those stars from other reviews and write '1/2' at the end of the score."

But I don't wanna! You know how much work it is to open up another Stage Zero tab and copy the needed stars from another article?

"Almost no work?"

Exactly! So no more stars! I'm switching to the number-over-10 rating system, like: 9.29381029/10. Also, I'm switching over because I don't like how I have a star system and a number system (despite what I may have said before about how I liked having a star system and a number system). This is also my way of supporting the 9/10 ratings. Although I've complained about how this is merely a way to suck-up to big game publishers, it's actually not only that, but also a way to express more precisely how one feels about a game.

The game is not an 8 but it's not a 6! What do you do in this situation, my dear readers? Give it a 5? No! That's silliness! Give it a 7? Yes! That's brilliant! You see? It all makes sense. And please don't ask me about games that are between 7.5 and 8 (7.75).

No comments: