Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hedonism and Helping Others

The answer is both. I find that I need to have both, to help others and to have fun. Until morals tell me otherwise, my life shall be dedicated to doing those things.

For this reason, few games interest me. This mainly has to do with the fact that many of today's big budget games aren't really fun or interesting. Also it mainly has to do with few of my friends playing the games that I am, which means I'm basically playing them alone, not having nearly as much fun. Games also aren't interesting me much mainly mainly mainly because there aren't many ways I can use them to help people. At least, since I'm not a paid, read games journalist it seems so.

This year was supposed to be the one in which I decide if I want to spend my spare time writing. But I suspect that I'll need another year. There's no question in my mind that I will lose interest in having fun by myself. (I am pretty much done with that now.)

In a Quarter to Three podcast, Tom Chick said something that I want to experience. Playing Rock Band with kids. He said that there is not much out there as good as the experience of playing Rock Band with kids.

Perhaps it is because I know what it is like to try contributing to the lives of younger people that Tom Chick's Rock Band with Kids thing sounds absolutely wonderful to me.

No comments: