Thursday, June 7, 2012

The New NEW Ratings System

Because I don't like assigning objective scores to subjective reviews, I'm not assigning any more of them until my boss tells me to, and I am my boss.

But I will do something much more useful for you than review scores. I will write what's called a "verdict," and it will feature words. These are better because they will immediately sum up, with more specificity than a score, how good the game would be to you, based on my amazing knowing-your-feelings powers.

Or, to save time, I'll copy and paste the word parts of these, which I'm copying and pasting from my previous ratings system post:

10/10 means that the game's one of the very best things ever made and that everyone who has any interest in computer games should try it. 


9/10 means that it's one of the best games ever made, but has something, or somethings, preventing it from being palatable to every gamer. 


8 out of 10 means it's really good. It may not be one of the best games ever, but you'll almost certainly like it. 


7 out of 10 means it can provide a pretty good experience but has some serious problems. 


6 out of 10 means it's good (barely). 


5/10 would make the game so-so, or "almost certainly a waste of your time." 


4/10 equals bad (do not get). 


3/10 equals very bad.


2/10 equals terrible. 


1/10 is one of the worst games ever made. 


0/10 is it is a violation of the Geneva Conventions. Even during peace time.

No comments: