Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day Z Coop, Day 2

In my opinion, this day was quite good, but in my friend's opinion, this day was quite gay.

We spawned on a forested hill. Towards the north, where we headed, the hill dropped into a clear valley. Well, clear except for a highway, plus eight buildings surrounding the highway.

The first thing we did was accidentally anger zombies. They ran up the hill to eat us. I told my friend, "Don't worry. I got this with my makarov pistol."

I ended up not having this with my named-after-a-fish pistol. After clearing those zombies, my health was reduced to under 5,000, which meant seeing the world as a blurry white. My friend still had 7,000 health.

We snuck into the non-village. There we found nothing and agreed to go to the largest city on the East coast. We needed a hospital, bloodpacks. We crawled north, across the street, and hid a moment in a backyard. Between that building and the next forested hill, to the north, was a clearing roamed by twenty zombies. We decided to crawl through them. "This is like frogger." My friend said.

I replied something like, "Don't worry! I am an expert at sneaking past zombies. Just keep crawling; they won't see us."

Of course they saw us. I ended up using half of my fish ammo.

After I got eaten, my friend, who had escaped, got lost and bored. He realized that the game was really REALLY unforgiving, and noted that, when you aren't in danger, it is a "running-through-the-forest simulator." This observation is full of truth (in that it is true), and it underscores the importance of having a helicopter.

Eventually he reached the east coast, and I respawned (over and over for twenty minutes) on the westernest part of the southern coast. He followed railroad tracks till reaching a town with cranes. Once there he decided to climb a building, and, in an attempt to reach another building, by running over a gap between the two, he fell and died, lol. He also broke his legs (in the game).

After many respawnings, he respawned just east of the capital city, which is located in the center of the southern coast. We decided to meet each other in Cherno (i.e. the capitol); our reasoning was that it was the most dangerous place in the game.

It started to rain. Then the server crashed. Later that night I learned that the weapons were nerfed in the latest patch.

No comments: