Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day Z Not-Coop, Between Days 2 and 3

In days 1 and 2 we spent five hours getting killed. So today (yesterday) I decided I'd accumulate items by myself, so that when we co-oped again we could begin a long, danger-less, forest-filled trek to the east coast. Over there we'll meet my friend's friends.

Upon joining a server I appeared west of the capitol. I got shot at once at a military airfield, but he missed and lost track of me. I then sneaked into the eastern part of the capitol and raided a supermarket, an apartment complex, a fire station, and some player's (virtual) corpse.

Here's what I collected: enough food for two people to survive for five hours; enough soda for two people to survive for four hours; a new, camouflaged rucksack, a canteen, two injectors that revive unconscious people, two hunting knives, a hatchet, a compass, a watch, a makarov pistol with lots of ammo, an AK-74 SU and 90 of its bullets, and a tent. I got more stuff in less than an hour than my friend and I did in five hours.

The lesson: If you spawn next to Cherno, loot Cherno and escape before you get eaten and/or shot.

I sneaked out of the city to a forested hill next to some power lines. There we'll re-meet.

No comments: